Sunday, July 3, 2011

Study break


Rain is such a blessing. I’ve been studying for my Spanish midterms for about an hour in a little alcove on the second floor. As I paused a moment to collect my thoughts, I began to hear the magical splashes of heaven descend upon the ceramic tiles outside. All the windows are open in this room. The smell of days of heat being washed away is wafting in. It’s divine. The breeze is carrying in an ever so fine mist. I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about rain that makes my heart pound faster, and makes my feet itch as if they want to run and never stop. Sometimes, I give into this urge. There are a few joyful cries of girls who have heeded the call. They’re dancing and giggling with delight at the cool rain that is bathing them. I will not be joining them this time. It’s not that I don’t want to, or that I think I'm above it, I just feel that this time, I’m going to soak in the peace that the rain brings. Rain brings joy and energy, but today, it brought me peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment