Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bummer

Today my bracelet broke. It was nothing special. It has no sentimental value other than its age. 7 1/2 years spent on my wrist. It was an old hair tie that I took the elastic out of because I got bored in class. I forced it onto my wrist and there it stayed, other than during volleyball games. Volleyball league rules state that you absolutely cannot have anything on your wrist other than a sweatband. I find this absurd considering it is not a contact sport. But rules are rules, so I had to contort my hand at least twice a week during volleyball season to keep from being penalized.

The silver lining is that my bracelet broke while I was watching the bull run in Sagunto, Spain. It wasn't a normal street bull run. It was in a large, rectangular arena. The arena was lined with cages and bleachers. Under the bleachers were the cages. That's where I was. The bars are big enough for a person to fit through but not a bull. The crazies would taunt the bull and then run back into the cages when it charged them. Unlike last time, the bull was very much energetic. In fact, they had several different ones over the course of the night so as to keep them feisty. Also, luckily for me and the bull, this didn't end in death and gore.

Bummer number two of the night was that I didn't bring my camera. I didn't know we were going to watch the bulls so I didn't bring it. There's not really a silver lining for that other than the fact that I can steal pictures from my friends. It's just not the same though.

It's a killer tan-line, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment