Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Overdue

It's really a good thing for me that blogging is not like the library. If my blogs were due every 2-3 weeks, I'd have so many fees to pay. I'm also glad that blogging is not homework. If my blogs had due dates and got graded, I'd get a good grade but I'd drag my feet the whole way and then BS my way through it.

As it stands, I get to write what I want, when I want and how much I want which, for the last month, hasn't been much. But here I am, sitting on my bed in an empty house and I want to write. Really, I do. No one is making me do this and trust me, I could be watching movies (I have roughly 140 GB of movies) or scouring the interwebs (as I lovingly refer to it) for music and such. I'm happy to be sharing at this moment.

Here's the highlights of the last month (minus traveling with my parents, which will be shown in a subsequent post)...
Decorating the Christmas tree. We listened to all my favorite Christmas music!
Graduation dinner/Family photo
The Johans before graduating from Kinder

The only photo I have of the graduating 6th graders. They're blatantly "camera shy."
Look! I got an award for my "Dedication and Efforts in Costa Rican Education." 
Last day of school water fight. We're incredibly lucky that the sun came out and that the wind died down.
And then Nate and Calle left. They left on the 11th of December. Very sad, but such things must come to pass. After they left, I deep cleaned the classrooms, which I will have to do again before school starts back up, and thus kept myself occupied until December 14. That's when I took the bus to San Jose to stay with family friends and pick up my parents from the airport. Stay tuned for the exciting story and more pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment