Thursday, February 23, 2012

Moments

In case you hadn't heard, life is made a of moments. Here's some of my favorites from this week.

Two of the rowdy 5th grade boys stayed a whole half hour after school and painted ducks with water colors while I cleaned the classroom. We listened to Mozart the whole time and they didn't complain once.

One of the new 4th graders (who has only known me 11 days) saw me in the internet cafe and walked back and forth in front of the window waving for about 2 minutes.

My little sister struck up a rather deep conversation (for a 4 year-old) and asked me why people should be nice to each other. That night when I got home, she crawled in bed with me and she fell asleep hugging me.

Esteban, my 3 year-old Kinder developed a remarkable love for having me read to him in English. I went over to his house today and he made me read to him for 10 minutes.

Daniel, our new 2 year-old Kinder, didn't cry when his mom left the Kinder room. I think that's pretty remarkable for day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment