Wednesday, September 21, 2011

And then there were three...

9/19 – Daniel is gone. It doesn’t seem like he actually is. School has continued as normal; it’s been a pretty normal day. But this morning I thought to myself, “I need some more ideas for PE. I’ll ask Daniel when I get to school.” But I can’t. He’s on a plane headed for England. Just now I was thinking about the after school shopping we’re going to do. We’re gonna make a list of supplies and go out shopping. We always need paper and our PE equipment is a wreck. Anyway, I thought to myself, “This’ll be fun. It’s always fun when the four of us go out and do something outside of school.” But there are just three of us. Daniel, if you ever read this, know that you are missed.

9/21 - Yesterday was Talk Like A Pirate Day and I missed it! Again!!! I'm so disappointed. Oh well. Next year. We got a new soccer ball and a bunch of supplies for the school thanks to the generosity of Nate and Calle's parentals. It was like Christmas!!! The other day, I learned to make fresco. Yummm. Fresco is the best type of drink ever. It's like a non-dairy smoothie. Water, fruit, sugar. Nothing more. It's the best! Kindria has also promised to teach me to cook. I'm excited to get good at teaching Gallo Pinto. I know in theory, but not in practice.
So, my hardest class (for me personally) is PE. I teach PE to the 1st graders and then to the 3rd and 4th graders. We play a lot of soccer and floor hockey with 3rd and 4th grade. I never really liked PE much as a child so if anyone has any ideas, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment